Wednesday, October 24, 2012

2 months!

Wow! Another month has passed already! And look what I finally caught on camera.



Doesn't that just make your heart sing? A smile is such a beautiful thing. We really do underestimate its power.

While I was waiting and hoping for those "social smiles" I couldn't help but think of a little girl who is very close to my heart, Cici (her mommy's blog: The Fisch Tank) Cici suffered a brain injury from a choking accident at 11 months old. A little while after her accident we were hanging out doing some floor exercises during her siblings' nap time. Cici was listening to her twin sister, Penny, over the monitor, not napping of course. Anyways out of the clear blue Cici's face lit up! That smile took over her face, her eyes lit up her mouth formed that perfect happy shape and she let out the most beautiful laugh. It was over as suddenly as it started and I almost thought I had dreamt it. That smile was amazing. It showed the world that Cici was there, she knew her family, and she was HAPPY! What a precious gift.

Little one's like Cici and Tyler find joy in the simplest things like the voices of the ones they love. True joy. When grown ups seem to think they need all this money and stuff to be happy. So I encourage you to take a moment and find joy in the simple things.



Have you smiled today?

No comments:

Post a Comment