Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Michelle Duclos Photography Takes Off!

I have been enjoying photography as a hobby for a while now and have been hoping to make it into something more. Thanks to the encouragement of some great friends I am taking a leap and so far I seem to be flying! I am offering all family, maternity, individual, engagement, ect. 1 hour sessions for $25 for the year 2013 and 3 hour newborn sessions for $75 or $60 with the purchase of a maternity session. I'm hoping this will give me the opportunity to build a client base as well as strengthen my skills behind the lens and in photo processing. I had my first photo shoot last weekend. It was a family holiday shoot and I had a lot of fun. It didn't go quite as planned, once I got on location I realized a few of my ideas weren't going to work, but I still think I got some nice photos. Since this will be a time of strengthening my skills I am going to say one thing I realized I need to work on is my confidence! I need to speak up and boss people around, ha! The other skill that I will be honing in on is creating images rather than finding them. This is a bit different, but as the creative juices flow I know I can do it! I have a number of sessions coming up in the beginning of the year so keep an eye out! Here are some of my favorites from my first session. Please excuse the flipped photos, for some reason I can't figure out how to rotate them.

I know typically closed eyes aren't good, but something about this image I love anyways. It's like they are lost in a special moment. I think the black and white adds to that affect.

I've tried a few different "vintage" editing techniques and I think I finally nailed it!

Aren't they a beautiful family?

Pretty mama

A fun shot!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment