Saturday, March 16, 2013

My Baby is Growing Up...

I know, I know he's only 6 months going on 7 but I feel like things are really starting to escalate. So I wanted to write a post to remember what he was doing at this age.

He's definitely teething- last night he started pulling on his ears and was super cranky, he slept ok but this morning mommy has a light bulb moment and I looked at his bottom gums. Yes- I see the little white spots those teeth are going to break through any day! I'm a little nervous about adjusting to make sure he doesn't bite while nursing, but I'm sure we'll figure it out.

 He's eating solid foods- I offer him 3 meals a day now, he doesn't eat much but this is the beginning of it all. Sweet potatoes, carrots, apple sauce, and bananas. I think tomorrow I'll try zucchini cause I've been slacking in the green veggie department. He seems to like eating- he makes a grunting sound when he's done. We're still using the bumbo for feedings as he tends to slouch over in the high chair.

 He's sleeping well at night. He's moved his bedtime a little later and still wakes up between 2 and 4 which he then snuggles with mommy until about 6. We are starting to wean from the swaddle- he's been going one armed for a few days now and it hasn't seemed to mess up his sleep!

 He's moving! He can now officially roll both ways! And he's getting ok at scooting around a room. He either pushes himself backwards on his tummy or kind of does this weird wormy thing on his back. I don't have to chase him but he still can wiggle around pretty well.

 His personality shines! He is very attached to mommy and will let you know that! But who can blame him with all the time we spend together. Though he does finally start to seem to be comfortable with daddy for a bit. He loves to splash in the tub and he finds our dogs, especially Sammy the lab, absolutely hilarious. He will occasionally just look at the dog sitting across the room and start laughing or get the biggest grin! He also loves it when we call daddy on the phone- he likes to grunt at daddy too!

 Things that are coming soon: crawling and then walking, swaddle free sleep, words, finger foods, and so much more! When you spend every day with these little guys it's so easy to miss the changes. I kinda feel like tearing up writing this because I know it's such a special, but short lived age. Though I know where we are headed is pretty amazing too! So that's all- just me reflecting on what we've accomplished! I love you son! I know you are meant to do amazing things- and know your mommy will always be here cheering you on xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment