Wednesday, March 6, 2013

6 months and Sweet Potatoes

So I've been a major slacker and apparently didn't blog the entire month of February- oops! Anyways almost 2 weeks ago Tyler turned 6 months! So I went ahead and tried to feed him some sweet potatoes. I made it myself. I baked the sweet potato until it was really really soft and then mashed it up and added some breast milk until it was nice and thin. He did pretty good, seemed unsure and didn't take in much (as I expected). We've been feeding him 2x a day at this point, which is what the pediatrician recommended. He just now seems to be getting the hang of it and starting to enjoy it a bit. We have done the sweet potatoes and carrots thus far and before he turns orange, we will try some oatmeal and apples. I do plan to make all my own baby food, though I may break down and buy a few containers that we can take "to go" when we need to. So here are some photos of Tyler's first experience eating and him in his 6 month tie!

Umm mommy- what is this???

Ok I guess I'll try this
This is pretty good

Let me help you with that


All done!


Tyler and I also got some 6 month photos done with Sobecki Photography. You can view the slide show here. When I have the images available for print I will let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment