Monday, January 21, 2013

Copyright Notice

Friends, family, and patrons of Michelle Duclos Photography: I would like to share with you how thrilled I am to have the opportunity to share special photos of my family and yours through this virtual world we know as the internet. However, in this world comes copyright issues. People who would never dream of stealing a photo from a museum or copying out of a book without proper citation take things off the internet without a second thought, so I figured I would take it upon myself to lay out my intentions for my photography and words. This is so well intentioned people don't do something I would prefer they didn't. The photos and words in this blog belong to The Duclos Family and/or Michelle Duclos Photography. They are copyrighted. The words I am not as passionate about- if you would like to reference my words, please just site the source, as you would any other written work. The photography, however, I have stronger feelings and I would appreciate if those feelings are respected.

1. Photos of web quality are absolutely NOT made for print. If you see a photo on this blog or facebook please do not download it to your computer and please do NOT print it.
  • I will be creating a gallery on my photography web page mduclosphotography.smugmug.com for photos on my blog that I feel family/ friends may want to print. Please contact me for the password to this gallery. I will be starting this from Jan 2013 on. It is hard for me to remember to order photos for others so this way family and friends can do it on their own. When we have professional photos done those will be ordered in a different way. 
  • If you are a friend or family member of a patron of Michelle Duclos Photography please contact the client for the password for their gallery, which will be located at the same web site as above.
2. If you are a patron and have a disc and printing rights please know that this gives you permission to print your images ONLY it doesn't give you the right to edit them. I edit the photos the way I do for a reason. Thank you for respecting this. Also please respect the quality of my images by ordering from a reputable lab if you choose to not print with me. Do NOT print on your home computer and do NOT order from your local drug store. Places that make excellent prints are costco, mpix, and shutterfly. 

3. If I do give or send you a print that print has been designed to be that particular size you may scan it to your computer, but please do not enlarge the image as that will create poor image quality. If you need a bigger size please contact me or refer to our family gallery to get the photo in a larger size. I will never be offended by you wanting a larger photo!

I know you may not feel this way about images you take with your camera, but this is how I feel about mine, and I ask you to please respect this. I know this isn't a very fun blog post, but I wanted to get it out there and have something I could easily reference in the future. If you have any questions/ concerns about this please ask. I am very flexible and willing to work with you, I just want my images respected and for them to keep the level of quality that I intended for them to have. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment