Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Whole30 Week 1 in Review

So I'm doing a diet called whole30 click the link if you want official details. Basically for 30 days you cut out all grains, dairy, soy, sweetners, legumes, potatoes, and corn. All items you eat must all have less than 5 ingredients, and you must recognize all of them (essentially eliminating all processed foods as well). Final rule: no creating desserts or other junk food by using whole30 ingredients. Whew- so I bet right about now you're asking yourself what the heck do you eat??? The short answer is protein, lots of veggies, some fruits, and healthy fats! The goal is to kill unhealthy cravings, reset your metabolism, as well as rid your self of all the junk that's in so many foods now-a-days. The benefits? All kinds of benefits are reported but most common is more energy, better sleep, clearer skin, less digestive problems, and healthy weight loss! There are also reports of people with countless ailments going off their medications successfully! The best thing about it is without the calorie restrictions it hasn't affected my breast feeding one bit! I took some pictures of some of the food I ate so you could get an idea.








Doesn't look half bad eh? I drank a lot of water, hot tea, mineral water, and the occasional black coffee. I probably ate more fruit than I was technically supposed to this week to help ward off cravings so that's something I can work on in week 2. The first 3 days were killer for cravings and I had minor headaches, the rest of the week I've been feeling good! If you have questions or want recipes just let me know I'd be glad to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment